- 하나님이 솔로몬에게 이르시되 이런 마음이 네게 있어서 ㅓ富(부)나 財物(재물)이나 尊影(존영)이나 怨讐(원수)의 生命(생명) 滅(멸)하기를 求(구)하지 아니하며 長壽(장수)도 求(구)하지 아니하고 오직 내가 너로 治理(치리)하게 한 내 百姓(백성)을 裁判(재판)하기 爲(위)하여 智慧(지혜)와 知識(지식)을 求(구)하였으니
- 그러므로 내가 네게 智慧(지혜)와 知識(지식)을 주고 富(부)와 財物(재물)과 尊影(존영)도 주리니 ㅕ너의 殿(전)의 王(왕)들이 이같음이 없었거니와 너의 後(후)에도 이같음이 없으리라
- 이에 솔로몬이 기브온 山堂(산당) ㅗ會幕(회막) 앞에서부터 예루살렘으로 돌아와서 이스라엘을 治理(치리)하였더라
- ㅛ솔로몬이 兵車(병거)와 馬兵(마병)을 모으매 ㅜ兵車(병거)가 一千(일천) 四百(사백)이요 馬兵(마병)이 一萬(일만) 二千(이천)이라 ㅠ兵車城(병거성)에도 두고 예루살렘 王(왕)에게도 두었으며
- 王(왕)이 예루살렘에서 銀(은),金(금)을 돌같이 흔하게 하고 柏香木(백향목)을 平地(평지)의 뽕나무같이 많게 하였더라
ㅛ대하1:14~17 대하9:25~28 왕상10:26~29 ㅜ왕상4:26 ㅠ왕상9:19
- And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
- Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.
- Then Solomon came from his journey to the high place that was at Gibeon to Jerusalem, from before the tabernacle of the congregation, and reigned over Israel.
- And Solomon gathered chariots and horsemen: and he had a thousand and four hundred chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen, which he placed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.
- And the king made silver and gold at Jerusalem as plenteous as stones, and cedar trees made he as the sycomore trees that are in the vale for abundance.
- God said to Solomon, "Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king,
- therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, riches and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have."
- Then Solomon went to Jerusalem from the high place at Gibeon, from before the Tent of Meeting. And he reigned over Israel.
- Solomon accumulated chariots and horses; he had fourteen hundred chariots and twelve thousand horses, which he kept in the chariot cities and also with him in Jerusalem.
- The king made silver and gold as common in Jerusalem as stones, and cedar as plentiful as sycamore-fig trees in the foothills.