- 갓이 다윗에게 나아가 告(고)하되 여호와의 말씀이 너는 마음대로 擇(택)하라
- 或(혹) ㅏ三年(삼년) 饑饉(기근)일지 或(혹), 네가 석달을 對敵(대적)에게 敗(패)하여 對敵(대적)의 칼에 쫓길 일일지, 或(혹) 여호와의 칼 곧 瘟疫(온역)이 사흘동안 이 땅에 流行(류행)하며 여호와의 使者(사자)가 이스라엘 온 地境(지경)을 滅(멸)할 일일지 하셨나니 내가 무슨 말로 나를 보내신 이에게 對答(대답)할 것을 決定(결정)하소서
- 다윗이 갓에게 이르되 내가 困境(곤경)에 있도다 여호와께서는 矜恤(긍휼)이 甚(심)히 크시니 내가 그의 손에 빠지고 사람의 손에 빠지지 않기를 願(원)하나이다
- 이에 여호와께서 이스라엘 百姓(백성)에게 瘟疫(온역)을 내리시매 이스라엘 百姓(백성)의 죽은 者(자)가 七萬(칠만)이었더라
- 하나님이 예루살렘을 滅(멸)하러 使者(사자)를 보내셨더니 使者(사자)가 滅(멸)하려 할 때에 여호와께서 보시고 이 災殃(재앙) 내림을 ㅑ뉘우치사 滅(멸)하는 使者(사자)에게 이르시되 足(족)하다 이제는 네 손을 거두라 하시니 때에 여호와의 使者(사자)가 여부스 사람 오르난의 打作(타작) 마당 곁에 선지라
- So Gad came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Choose thee
- Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the Lord, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the Lord destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.
- And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the Lord; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.
- So the Lord sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men.
- And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the Lord beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the Lord stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.
- So Gad went to David and said to him, "This is what the LORD says: 'Take your choice:
- three years of famine, three months of being swept away before your enemies, with their swords overtaking you, or three days of the sword of the LORD--days of plague in the land, with the angel of the LORD ravaging every part of Israel.' Now then, decide how I should answer the one who sent me."
- David said to Gad, "I am in deep distress. Let me fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is very great; but do not let me fall into the hands of men."
- So the LORD sent a plague on Israel, and seventy thousand men of Israel fell dead.
- And God sent an angel to destroy Jerusalem. But as the angel was doing so, the LORD saw it and was grieved because of the calamity and said to the angel who was destroying the people, "Enough! Withdraw your hand." The angel of the LORD was then standing at the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.