- 오바댜의 默示(묵시)라 主(주) 여호와께서 ㄱ에돔에 對(대)하여 이같이 말씀하시니라 ㄴ우리가 여호와께로 말미암아 消息(소식)을 들었나니 곧 使者(사자)가 列國(렬국) 中(중)에 보내심을 받고 이르기를 너희는 일어날지어다 우리가 일어나서 그로 더불어 싸우자 하는 것이니라
- 여호와께서 가라사대 내가 너를 列國(렬국) 中(중)에 微弱(미약)하게 하였으므로 네가 크게 蔑視(멸시)를 받느니라
- ㄷ바위 틈에 居(거)하며 높은 곳에 사는 者(자)여 ㄹ네가 中心(중심)에 이르기를 누가 能(능)히 나를 땅에 끌어내리겠느냐 하니 너의 中心(중심)의 驕慢(교만)이 너를 속였도다
- 네가 독수리처럼 높이 오르며 별 사이에 깃들일지라도 내가 거기서 너를 끌어내리리라 나 여호와가 말하였느니라
- 或時(혹시) ㅁ盜賊(도적)이 네게 이르렀으며 强盜(강도)가 밤中(중)에 네게 이르렀을지라도 그 마음에 滿足(만족)하게 取(취)하면 그치지 아니하였겠느냐 或時(혹시) 葡萄(포도)를 따는 者(자)가 네게 이르렀을지라도 그것을 얼마쯤 남기지 아니하였겠느냐 네가 어찌 그리 亡(망)하였는고
ㄱ렘49:7~22 겔25:12~14 ㄴ옵1:1~4 렘49:14~16
- The vision of Obadiah. Thus saith the Lord God concerning Edom; We have heard a rumour from the Lord, and an ambassador is sent among the heathen, Arise ye, and let us rise up against her in battle.
- Behold, I have made thee small among the heathen: thou art greatly despised.
- The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground?
- Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the Lord.
- If thieves came to thee, if robbers by night,(how art thou would they not have stolen till they had enough? if the grapegatherers came to thee, would they not leave some grapes? cut off!)
- The vision of Obadiah. This is what the Sovereign LORD says about Edom--We have heard a message from the LORD: An envoy was sent to the nations to say, "Rise, and let us go against her for battle"--
- "See, I will make you small among the nations; you will be utterly despised.
- The pride of your heart has deceived you, you who live in the clefts of the rocks and make your home on the heights, you who say to yourself, 'Who can bring me down to the ground?'
- Though you soar like the eagle and make your nest among the stars, from there I will bring you down," declares the LORD.
- "If thieves came to you, if robbers in the night--Oh, what a disaster awaits you--would they not steal only as much as they wanted? If grape pickers came to you, would they not leave a few grapes?