- 두로 王(왕) 후람이 솔로몬에게 答狀(답장)하여 가로되 ㅍ여호와께서 그 百姓(백성)을 사랑하시므로 當身(당신)을 세워 그 王(왕)을 삼으셨도다
- 또 가로되 ㅎ天地(천지)를 지으신 이스라엘 하나님 여호와는 頌祝(송축)을 받으실지로다 다윗 王(왕)에게 智慧(지혜)로운 아들을 주시고 明哲(명철)과 聰明(총명)을 稟賦(품부)하시사 ㅏ能(능)히 여호와를 爲(위)하여 殿(전)을 建築(건축)하고 自己(자기) 權榮(권영)을 爲(위)하여 宮闕(궁궐)을 建築(건축)하게 하시도다
- 내가 이제 工巧(공교)하고 聰明(총명)한 사람을 보내오니 前(전)에 내 父親(부친) 후람에게 屬(속)하였던 者(자)라
- ㅑ이 사람은 단의 女子(녀자) 中(중) 한 女人(녀인)의 아들이요 그 아비는 두로 사람이라 ㅓ能(능)히 金(금),銀(은),銅(동),鐵(철)과, 돌과, 나무와, 紫色(자색), 靑色(청색), 紅色(홍색)실과, 가는 베로 일을 잘하며 또 모든 아로새기는 일에 익숙하고 모든 奇妙(기묘)한 式樣(식양)에 能(능)한 者(자)니 當身(당신)의 工巧(공교)한 工匠(공장)과 當身(당신)의 父親(부친) 내 主(주) 다윗의 工巧(공교)한 工匠(공장)과 함께 일하게 하소서
- 내 主(주)의 말씀하신 ㅕ밀과 보리와 기름과 葡萄酒(포도주)는 主(주)의 종들에게 보내소서
- Then Huram the king of Tyre answered in writing, which he sent to Solomon, Because the Lord hath loved his people, he hath made thee king over them.
- Huram said moreover, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel, that made heaven and earth, who hath given to David the king a wise son, endued with prudence and understanding, that might build an house for the Lord, and an house for his kingdom.
- And now I have sent a cunning man, endued with understanding, of Huram my father's,
- The son of a woman of the daughters of Dan, and his father was a man of Tyre, skilful to work in gold, and in silver, in brass, in iron, in stone, and in timber, in purple, in blue, and in fine linen, and in crimson; also to grave any manner of graving, and to find out every device which shall be put to him, with thy cunning men, and with the cunning men of my lord David thy father.
- Now therefore the wheat, and the barley, the oil, and the wine, which my lord hath spoken of, let him send unto his servants:
- Hiram king of Tyre replied by letter to Solomon: "Because the LORD loves his people, he has made you their king."
- And Hiram added: "Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, who made heaven and earth! He has given King David a wise son, endowed with intelligence and discernment, who will build a temple for the LORD and a palace for himself.
- "I am sending you Huram-Abi, a man of great skill,
- whose mother was from Dan and whose father was from Tyre. He is trained to work in gold and silver, bronze and iron, stone and wood, and with purple and blue and crimson yarn and fine linen. He is experienced in all kinds of engraving and can execute any design given to him. He will work with your craftsmen and with those of my lord, David your father.
- "Now let my lord send his servants the wheat and barley and the olive oil and wine he promised,