- ㄱ長老(장로)는 擇(택)하심을 입은 婦女(부녀)와 그의 子女(자녀)에게 便紙(편지)하노니 내가 참으로 ㄴ사랑하는 者(자)요 나뿐 아니라 ㄷ眞理(진리)를 ㄹ아는 모든 者(자)도 그리하는 것은
- ㅁ우리 안에 居(거)하여 永遠(영원)히 우리와 함께 할 眞理(진리)를 因(인)함이로다
- ㅂ恩惠(은혜)와 矜恤(긍휼)과 平康(평강)이 하나님 아버지와 아버지의 아들 예수 그리스도께로부터 眞理(진리)와 사랑 가운데서 우리와 함께 있으리라
- 너의 子女(자녀) 中(중)에 우리가 아버지께 받은 誡命(계명)대로 眞理(진리)에 行(행)하는 者(자)를 내가 보니 ㅅ甚(심)히 기쁘도다
- 婦女(부녀)여 내가 이제 네게 求(구)하노니 ㅇ서로 사랑하자 이는 ㅈ새 誡命(계명)같이 네게 쓰는 것이 아니요 오직 처음부터 우리가 가진 것이라
ㄱ요삼1:1 벧전5:1 ㄴ요일3:18 요삼1:1 ㄷ요1:17 요14:6 갈2:5 ㄹ요8:32 딤전2:4 히10:26
ㅂ딤전1:2 딤후1:2 유1:2
- The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
- For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
- Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
- I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
- And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
- The elder, To the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in the truth--and not I only, but also all who know the truth--
- because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:
- Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father's Son, will be with us in truth and love.
- It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.
- And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another.