- 王(왕)을 죽인 者(자)의 子女(자녀)들은 죽이지 아니하였으니 이는 모세의 律法冊(률법책)에 記錄(기록)된대로 함이라 곧 여호와께서 命(명)하여 이르시기를 ㅍ子女(자녀)로 因(인)하여 아비를 죽이지 말 것이요 아비로 因(인)하여 子女(자녀)를 죽이지 말 것이라 오직 사람마다 自己(자기)의 罪(죄)로 因(인)하여 죽을 것이니라 하셨더라
- ㅎ아마샤가 ㅏ鹽谷(염곡)에서 에돔 사람 一萬(일만)을 죽이고 또 ㅑ셀라를 쳐서 取(취)하고 이름을 ㅓ욕드엘이라 하였더니 오늘까지 그러하니라
- ㅕ아마샤가 예후의 孫子(손자) 여호아하스의 아들 이스라엘 王(왕) 요아스에게 使者(사자)를 보내어 이르되 오라 우리가 서로 ㅗ對面(대면)하자 한지라
- 이스라엘 王(왕) 요아스가 유다 王(왕) 아마샤에게 보내어 이르되 ㅛ레바논 가시나무가 레바논 柏香木(백향목)에게 보내어 이르기를 네 딸을 내 아들들에게 주어 아내를 삼게 하라 하였더니 레바논 들짐승이 지나가다가 그 가시나무를 짓밟았느니라
- 네가 ㅜ에돔을 쳐서 破(파)하였으므로 ㅠ마음이 驕慢(교만)하였으니 스스로 榮光(영광)을 삼아 宮(궁)에나 居(거)하라 어찌하여 禍(화)를 自取(자취)하여 너와 유다가 함께 亡(망)하고자 하느냐 하나
ㅍ신24:16 렘31:30 겔18:4 겔18:20
ㅎ대하25:11 ㅏ삼하8:13 대상18:12 시60편 ㅑ사16:1 ㅓ수15:38
ㅕ왕하14:8~14 대하25:17~24 ㅗ왕하23:29
ㅜ왕하14:7 ㅠ신8:14 대하26:16 대하32:25 겔28:2 겔28:5 겔28:17
- But the children of the murderers he slew not: according unto that which is written in the book of the law of Moses, wherein the Lord commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
- He slew of Edom in the valley of salt ten thousand, and took Selah by war, and called the name of it Joktheel unto this day.
- Then Amaziah sent messengers to Jehoash, the son of Jehoahaz son of Jehu, king of Israel, saying, Come, let us look one another in the face.
- And Jehoash the king of Israel sent to Amaziah king of Judah, saying, The thistle that was in Lebanon sent to the cedar that was in Lebanon, saying, Give thy daughter to my son to wife: and there passed by a wild beast that was in Lebanon, and trode down the thistle.
- Thou hast indeed smitten Edom, and thine heart hath lifted thee up: glory of this, and tarry at home: for why shouldest thou meddle to thy hurt, that thou shouldest fall, even thou, and Judah with thee?
- Yet he did not put the sons of the assassins to death, in accordance with what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses where the LORD commanded: "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sins."
- He was the one who defeated ten thousand Edomites in the Valley of Salt and captured Sela in battle, calling it Joktheel, the name it has to this day.
- Then Amaziah sent messengers to Jehoash son of Jehoahaz, the son of Jehu, king of Israel, with the challenge: "Come, meet me face to face."
- But Jehoash king of Israel replied to Amaziah king of Judah: "A thistle in Lebanon sent a message to a cedar in Lebanon, 'Give your daughter to my son in marriage.' Then a wild beast in Lebanon came along and trampled the thistle underfoot.
- You have indeed defeated Edom and now you are arrogant. Glory in your victory, but stay at home! Why ask for trouble and cause your own downfall and that of Judah also?"