- 예후가 다시 저희에게 便紙(편지)를 부치니 일렀으되 萬一(만일) 너희가 내 便(편)이 되어 내 말을 들으려거든 너희 主(주)의 아들된 사람들의 머리를 取(취)하고 來日(래일) 이맘때에 이스르엘에 이르러 내게 나아오라 하였더라 王子(왕자) 七十人(칠십인)이 城中(성중)에서 그 敎育(교육)하는 尊貴(존귀)한 者(자)들과 함께 있는 中(중)에
- 便紙(편지)가 이르매 저희가 王子(왕자) 七十人(칠십인)을 잡아 沒收(몰수)히 ㅅ죽이고 그 머리를 광주리에 담아 이스르엘 예후에게로 보내니라
- 使者(사자)가 와서 예후에게 告(고)하여 가로되 무리가 王子(왕자)들의 머리를 가지고 왔나이다 가로되 두 무더기로 쌓아 來日(래일) 아침까지 門(문) 어귀에 두라 하고
- 이튿날 아침에 저가 나가 서서 뭇 百姓(백성)에게 이르되 너희는 義(의)롭도다 ㅇ나는 내 主(주)를 背叛(배반)하여 죽였거니와 이 여러 사람을 죽인 者(자)는 누구냐
- 그런즉 너희는 알라 곧 여호와께서 ㅈ아합의 집에 對(대)하여 하신 말씀은 하나도 땅에 떨어지지 아니하리라 여호와께서 그 종 ㅊ엘리야로 하신 말씀을 이제 이루셨도다 하니라
ㅈ삼상3:19 ㅊ왕상21:19 왕상21:21 왕상21:29
- Then he wrote a letter the second time to them, saying, If ye be mine, and if ye will hearken unto my voice, take ye the heads of the men your master's sons, and come to me to Jezreel by to morrow this time. Now the king's sons, being seventy persons, were with the great men of the city, which brought them up.
- And it came to pass, when the letter came to them, that they took the king's sons, and slew seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets, and sent him them to Jezreel.
- And there came a messenger, and told him, saying, They have brought the heads of the king's sons. And he said, Lay ye them in two heaps at the entering in of the gate until the morning.
- And it came to pass in the morning, that he went out, and stood, and said to all the people, Ye be righteous: behold, I conspired against my master, and slew him: but who slew all these?
- Know now that there shall fall unto the earth nothing of the word of the Lord, which the Lord spake concerning the house of Ahab: for the Lord hath done that which he spake by his servant Elijah.
- Then Jehu wrote them a second letter, saying, "If you are on my side and will obey me, take the heads of your master's sons and come to me in Jezreel by this time tomorrow." Now the royal princes, seventy of them, were with the leading men of the city, who were rearing them.
- When the letter arrived, these men took the princes and slaughtered all seventy of them. They put their heads in baskets and sent them to Jehu in Jezreel.
- When the messenger arrived, he told Jehu, "They have brought the heads of the princes." Then Jehu ordered, "Put them in two piles at the entrance of the city gate until morning."
- The next morning Jehu went out. He stood before all the people and said, "You are innocent. It was I who conspired against my master and killed him, but who killed all these?
- Know then, that not a word the LORD has spoken against the house of Ahab will fail. The LORD has done what he promised through his servant Elijah."