- 또 이스라엘 王(왕)에게 이르되 王(왕)의 손으로 활을 잡으소서 곧 손으로 잡으매 엘리사가 自己(자기) 손으로 王(왕)의 손을 按察(안찰)하고
- 가로되 東便(동편) 窓(창)을 여소서 곧 열매 엘리사가 가로되 쏘소서 곧 쏘매 엘리사가 가로되 이는 여호와의 救援(구원)의 살 곧 아람에 對(대)한 救援(구원)의 살이니 王(왕)이 아람 사람을 殄滅(진멸)하도록 ㅜ아벡에서 치리이다
- 또 가로되 살들을 取(취)하소서 곧 取(취)하매 엘리사가 또 이스라엘 王(왕)에게 이르되 땅을 치소서 이에 세番(번) 치고 그친지라
- ㅠ하나님의 사람이 怒(노)하여 가로되 王(왕)이 五(오),六番(륙번)을 칠 것이니이다 그리하였더면 王(왕)이 아람을 殄滅(진멸)하도록 쳤으리이다 그런즉 이제는 王(왕)이 아람을 으세番(번)만 치리이다 하니라
- 엘리사가 죽으매 葬事(장사)하였더니 해가 바뀌매 이모압 賊黨(적당)이 地境(지경)을 犯(범)한지라
이왕하1:1 왕하3:7 왕하24:2
- And he said to the king of Israel, Put thine hand upon the bow. And he put his hand upon it: and Elisha put his hands upon the king's hands.
- And he said, Open the window eastward. And he opened it. Then Elisha said, Shoot. And he shot. And he said, The arrow of the Lord's deliverance, and the arrow of deliverance from Syria: for thou shalt smite the Syrians in Aphek, till thou have consumed them.
- And he said, Take the arrows. And he took them. And he said unto the king of Israel, Smite upon the ground. And he smote thrice, and stayed.
- And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times; then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice.
- And Elisha died, and they buried him. And the bands of the Moabites invaded the land at the coming in of the year.
- "Take the bow in your hands," he said to the king of Israel. When he had taken it, Elisha put his hands on the king's hands.
- "Open the east window," he said, and he opened it. "Shoot!" Elisha said, and he shot. "The LORD'S arrow of victory, the arrow of victory over Aram!" Elisha declared. "You will completely destroy the Arameans at Aphek."
- Then he said, "Take the arrows," and the king took them. Elisha told him, "Strike the ground." He struck it three times and stopped.
- The man of God was angry with him and said, "You should have struck the ground five or six times; then you would have defeated Aram and completely destroyed it. But now you will defeat it only three times."
- Elisha died and was buried. Now Moabite raiders used to enter the country every spring.