- 바벨론 王(왕)이 하맛 땅 립나에서 다 쳐 죽였더라 ㅑ이와 같이 유다가 사로잡혀 本土(본토)에서 떠났더라
- 유다 땅에 머물러 있는 百姓(백성)은 곧 바벨론 王(왕) 느부갓네살이 남긴 者(자)라 王(왕)이 사반의 孫子(손자) ㅓ아히감의 아들 ㅕ그달리야로 管轄(관할)하게 하였더라
- ㅗ모든 軍隊(군대) 長官(장관)과 그 좇는 者(자)가 바벨론 王(왕)이 그달리야로 方伯(방백)을 삼았다 함을 듣고 이에 느다니야의 아들 이스마엘과 가레아의 아들 요하난과 느도바 사람 단후멧의 아들 스라야와 마아가 사람의 아들 야아사니야와 그 좇는 사람이 모두 ㅛ미스바로 가서 그달리야에게 나아가매
- 그달리야가 저희와 그 좇는 者(자)들에게 盟誓(맹서)하여 이르되 너희는 갈대아 信服(신복)을 因(인)하여 두려워 말고 이 땅에 居(거)하여 바벨론 王(왕)을 섬기라 그리하면 너희가 平安(평안)하리라 하니라
- ㅜ七月(칠월)에 王族(왕족) 엘리사마의 孫子(손자) 느다니야의 아들 ㅠ이스마엘이 十人(십인)을 거느리고 와서 그달리야를 쳐서 죽이고 또 저와 함께 미스바에 있는 유다 사람과 갈대아 사람을 죽인지라
ㅑ왕하23:27 레26:33 신28:64
ㅓ왕하22:12 ㅕ렘39:14 렘40:5
ㅗ왕하25:23,24 렘40:7~9 ㅛ수18:26
- And the king of Babylon smote them, and slew them at Riblah in the land of Hamath. So Judah was carried away out of their land.
- And as for the people that remained in the land of Judah, whom Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon had left, even over them he made Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, the son of Shaphan, ruler.
- And when all the captains of the armies, they and their men, heard that the king of Babylon had made Gedaliah governor, there came to Gedaliah to Mizpah, even Ishmael the son of Nethaniah, and Johanan the son of Careah, and Seraiah the son of Tanhumeth the Netophathite, and Jaazaniah the son of a Maachathite, they and their men.
- And Gedaliah sware to them, and to their men, and said unto them, Fear not to be the servants of the Chaldees: dwell in the land, and serve the king of Babylon; and it shall be well with you.
- But it came to pass in the seventh month, that Ishmael the son of Nethaniah, the son of Elishama, of the seed royal, came, and ten men with him, and smote Gedaliah, that he died, and the Jews and the Chaldees that were with him at Mizpah.
- There at Riblah, in the land of Hamath, the king had them executed. So Judah went into captivity, away from her land.
- Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon appointed Gedaliah son of Ahikam, the son of Shaphan, to be over the people he had left behind in Judah.
- When all the army officers and their men heard that the king of Babylon had appointed Gedaliah as governor, they came to Gedaliah at Mizpah--Ishmael son of Nethaniah, Johanan son of Kareah, Seraiah son of Tanhumeth the Netophathite, Jaazaniah the son of the Maacathite, and their men.
- Gedaliah took an oath to reassure them and their men. "Do not be afraid of the Babylonian officials," he said. "Settle down in the land and serve the king of Babylon, and it will go well with you."
- In the seventh month, however, Ishmael son of Nethaniah, the son of Elishama, who was of royal blood, came with ten men and assassinated Gedaliah and also the men of Judah and the Babylonians who were with him at Mizpah.