- 사울의 孫子(손자) 요나단의 아들 므비보셋이 다윗에게 나아와서 엎드려 절하매 다윗이 가로되 ㅠ므비보셋이여 하니 對答(대답)하되 主(주)의 종이 여기 있나이다
- 다윗이 가로되 무서워 말라 내가 반드시 네 아비 요나단을 因(인)하여 네게 恩寵(은총)을 베풀리라 내가 네 祖父(조부) 사울의 밭을 다 네게 도로 주겠고 또 으너는 恒常(항상) 내 床(상)에서 먹을지니라
- 저가 절하여 가로되 이 종이 무엇이관대 王(왕)께서 이죽은 개 같은 나를 돌아보시나이까
- 王(왕)이 사울의 使喚(사환) 시바를 불러서 이르되 사울과 그 온 집에 屬(속)한 것은 내가 다 네 主人(주인)의 아들에게 주었노니
- 너와 네 아들들과 네 종들은 저를 爲(위)하여 밭을 갈고 거두어 네 主人(주인)의 아들을 供饋(공궤)하라 그러나 네 主人(주인)의 아들 므비보셋은 恒常(항상) 내 床(상)에서 먹으리라 하니라 시바는 ㅐ아들이 열 다섯이요 종이 스물이라
ㅠ삼하16:4 삼하19:24,25 삼하19:30 삼하21:7 대상8:34 대상9:40
으삼하19:28 왕상2:7 왕하25:29
- Now when Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, was come unto David, he fell on his face, and did reverence. And David said, Mephibosheth. And he answered, Behold thy servant!
- And David said unto him, Fear not: for I will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father's sake, and will restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my table continually.
- And he bowed himself, and said, What is thy servant, that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I am?
- Then the king called to Ziba, Saul's servant, and said unto him, I have given unto thy master's son all that pertained to Saul and to all his house.
- Thou therefore, and thy sons, and thy servants, shall till the land for him, and thou shalt bring in the fruits, that thy master's son may have food to eat: but Mephibosheth thy master's son shall eat bread alway at my table. Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.
- When Mephibosheth son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, came to David, he bowed down to pay him honor. David said, "Mephibosheth!" "Your servant," he replied.
- "Don't be afraid," David said to him, "for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table."
- Mephibosheth bowed down and said, "What is your servant, that you should notice a dead dog like me?"
- Then the king summoned Ziba, Saul's servant, and said to him, "I have given your master's grandson everything that belonged to Saul and his family.
- You and your sons and your servants are to farm the land for him and bring in the crops, so that your master's grandson may be provided for. And Mephibosheth, grandson of your master, will always eat at my table." (Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.)