- 前(전)에 바벨론 王(왕) 느부갓네살이 예루살렘에서 유다 王(왕) 여고냐와 百姓(백성)을 사로잡아 갈 때에 ㄷ모르드개도 함께 사로잡혔더라
- ㄹ저의 三寸(삼촌)의 딸 하닷사 곧 에스더는 父母(부모)가 없고 容貌(용모)가 곱고 아리따운 處女(처녀)라 그 父母(부모)가 죽은 後(후)에 모르드개가 自己(자기) 딸같이 養育(양육)하더라
- 王(왕)의 詔命(조명)이 頒布(반포)되매 ㅁ處女(처녀)들이 都城(도성) 수산에 많이 모여 ㅂ헤개의 手下(수하)에 나아갈 때에 에스더도 王宮(왕궁)으로 이끌려 가서 宮女(궁녀)를 主管(주관)하는 헤개의 手下(수하)에 屬(속)하니
- 헤개가 이 處女(처녀)를 기뻐하여 恩惠(은혜)를 베풀어 ㅅ몸을 淨潔(정결)케 할 物品(물품)과 日用品(일용품)을 곧 주며 또 王宮(왕궁)에서 依例(의례)히 주는 일곱 宮女(궁녀)를 주고 에스더와 그 宮女(궁녀)들을 後宮(후궁) 아름다운 處所(처소)로 옮기더라
- ㅇ에스더가 自己(자기)의 民族(민족)과 宗族(종족)을 告(고)하지 아니하니 이는 모르드개가 命(명)하여 告(고)하지 말라 하였음이라
ㄷ왕하24:14,15 대하36:10 대하36:20 렘24:1 렘29:1,2
- Who had been carried away from Jerusalem with the captivity which had been carried away with Jeconiah king of Judah, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away.
- And he brought up Hadassah, that is, Esther, his uncle's daughter: for she had neither father nor mother, and the maid was fair and beautiful; whom Mordecai, when her father and mother were dead, took for his own daughter.
- So it came to pass, when the king's commandment and his decree was heard, and when many maidens were gathered together unto Shushan the palace, to the custody of Hegai, that Esther was brought also unto the king's house, to the custody of Hegai, keeper of the women.
- And the maiden pleased him, and she obtained kindness of him; and he speedily gave her her things for purification, with such things as belonged to her, and seven maidens, which were meet to be given her, out of the king's house: and he preferred her and her maids unto the best place of the house of the women.
- Esther had not shewed her people nor her kindred: for Mordecai had charged her that she should not shew it.
- who had been carried into exile from Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, among those taken captive with Jehoiachin king of Judah.
- Mordecai had a cousin named Hadassah, whom he had brought up because she had neither father nor mother. This girl, who was also known as Esther, was lovely in form and features, and Mordecai had taken her as his own daughter when her father and mother died.
- When the king's order and edict had been proclaimed, many girls were brought to the citadel of Susa and put under the care of Hegai. Esther also was taken to the king's palace and entrusted to Hegai, who had charge of the harem.
- The girl pleased him and won his favor. Immediately he provided her with her beauty treatments and special food. He assigned to her seven maids selected from the king's palace and moved her and her maids into the best place in the harem.
- Esther had not revealed her nationality and family background, because Mordecai had forbidden her to do so.