- 솔로몬이 기름 부음을 받고 그 父親(부친)을 이어 王(왕)이 되었다 함을 두로 王(왕) ㅕ히람이 듣고 그 信服(신복)을 솔로몬에게 보내었으니 이는 ㅗ히람이 平日(평일)에 다윗을 사랑하였음이라
- 이에 솔로몬이 히람에게 奇別(기별)하여 가로되
- ㅛ當身(당신)도 알거니와 내 父親(부친) 다윗이 ㅜ四方(사방)의 戰爭(전쟁)으로 因(인)하여 殿(전)을 建築(건축)하지 못하고 여호와께서 그 怨讐(원수)들을 그 발바닥 밑에 두시기를 기다렸나이다
- ㅠ이제 내 하나님 여호와께서 내게 四方(사방)의 泰平(태평)을 주시매 對敵(대적)도 없고 災殃(재앙)도 없도다
- 으여호와께서 내 父親(부친) 다윗에게 하신 말씀에 내가 너를 이어 네 位(위)에 오르게 할 네 아들 그가 내 이름을 爲(위)하여 殿(전)을 建築(건축)하리라 하신대로 내가 내 하나님 여호와의 이름을 爲(위)하여 殿(전)을 建築(건축)하려 하오니
ㅕ대하2:3 ㅗ삼하5:11 대상14:1
ㅛ왕상5:3~11 대하2:3~16 ㅜ대상22:8 대상28:3
으삼하7:13 대상17:12 대상22:10 대상28:6
- And Hiram king of Tyre sent his servants unto Solomon; for he had heard that they had anointed him king in the room of his father: for Hiram was ever a lover of David.
- And Solomon sent to Hiram, saying,
- Thou knowest how that David my father could not build an house unto the name of the Lord his God for the wars which were about him on every side, until the Lord put them under the soles of his feet.
- But now the Lord my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent.
- And, behold, I purpose to build an house unto the name of the Lord my God, as the Lord spake unto David my father, saying, Thy son, whom I will set upon thy throne in thy room, he shall build an house unto my name.
- When Hiram king of Tyre heard that Solomon had been anointed king to succeed his father David, he sent his envoys to Solomon, because he had always been on friendly terms with David.
- Solomon sent back this message to Hiram:
- "You know that because of the wars waged against my father David from all sides, he could not build a temple for the Name of the LORD his God until the LORD put his enemies under his feet.
- But now the LORD my God has given me rest on every side, and there is no adversary or disaster.
- I intend, therefore, to build a temple for the Name of the LORD my God, as the LORD told my father David, when he said, 'Your son whom I will put on the throne in your place will build the temple for my Name.'