- 다윗이 그 아이를 爲(위)하여 하나님께 懇求(간구)하되 으禁食(금식)하고 안에 들어가서 이밤새도록 땅에 엎드렸으니
- 그 집의 늙은 者(자)들이 곁에 이르러 다윗을 일으키려 하되 王(왕)이 듣지 아니하고 저희로 더불어 먹지도 아니하더라
- 이레만에 그 아이가 죽으니라 그러나 다윗의 信服(신복)들이 아이의 죽은 것을 王(왕)에게 告(고)하기를 두려워하니 이는 저희가 말하기를 아이가 살았을 때에 우리가 말하여도 王(왕)이 그 말을 듣지 아니하셨나니 어떻게 그 아이의 죽은 것을 告(고)할 수 있으랴 王(왕)이 毁傷(훼상)하시리로다함이라
- 다윗이 그 信服(신복)들의 서로 수군 거리는 것을 보고 그 아이가 죽은 줄을 깨닫고 그 信服(신복)들에게 묻되 아이가 죽었느냐 對答(대답)하되 죽었나이다
- 다윗이 땅에서 일어나 ㅐ몸을 씻고 기름을 바르고 衣服(의복)을 갈아입고 여호와의 殿(전)에 들어가서 ㄱ敬拜(경배)하고 宮(궁)으로 돌아와서 命(명)하여 음식을 그 앞에 베풀게 하고 먹은지라
- David therefore besought God for the child; and David fasted, and went in, and lay all night upon the earth.
- And the elders of his house arose, and went to him, to raise him up from the earth: but he would not, neither did he eat bread with them.
- And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?
- But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And they said, He is dead.
- Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the Lord, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.
- David pleaded with God for the child. He fasted and went into his house and spent the nights lying on the ground.
- The elders of his household stood beside him to get him up from the ground, but he refused, and he would not eat any food with them.
- On the seventh day the child died. David's servants were afraid to tell him that the child was dead, for they thought, "While the child was still living, we spoke to David but he would not listen to us. How can we tell him the child is dead? He may do something desperate."
- David noticed that his servants were whispering among themselves and he realized the child was dead. "Is the child dead?" he asked. "Yes," they replied, "he is dead."
- Then David got up from the ground. After he had washed, put on lotions and changed his clothes, he went into the house of the LORD and worshiped. Then he went to his own house, and at his request they served him food, and he ate.