- 把守軍(파수군)이 본즉 한 사람이 또 달음질하는지라 門(문)지기에게 외쳐 이르되 보라, 한사람이 또 혼자 달음질한다 하니 王(왕)이 가로되 저도 消息(소식)을 가져오느니라
- 把守軍(파수군)이 가로되 나 보기에는 앞선 사람의 달음질이 ㅇ사독의 아들 아히마아스의 달음질과 같으니이다 王(왕)이 가로되 ㅈ저는 좋은 사람이니 좋은 消息(소식)을 가져 오느니라
- 아히마아스가 외쳐 王(왕)께 말씀하되 平安(평안)하옵소서 하고 王(왕)의 앞에서 얼굴을 땅에 대고 절하여 가로되 ㅊ王(왕)의 하나님 여호와를 讚揚(찬양)하리로소이다 그 손을 들어 내 主(주), 王(왕)을 對敵(대적)하는 者(자)들을 붙여 주셨나이다
- 王(왕)이 가로되 ㅋ少年(소년) 압살롬이 잘 있느냐 아히마아스가 對答(대답)하되 요압이 王(왕)의 종, 나를 보낼 때에 크게 騷動(소동)하는것을 보았사오나 무슨 일인지 알지 못하였나이다
- 王(왕)이 가로되 물러나 곁에 서 있으라 하매 물러나서 섰더라
- And the watchman saw another man running: and the watchman called unto the porter, and said, Behold another man running alone. And the king said, He also bringeth tidings.
- And the watchman said, Me thinketh the running of the foremost is like the running of Ahimaaz the son of Zadok. And the king said, He is a good man, and cometh with good tidings.
- And Ahimaaz called, and said unto the king, All is well. And he fell down to the earth upon his face before the king, and said, Blessed be the Lord thy God, which hath delivered up the men that lifted up their hand against my lord the king.
- And the king said, Is the young man Absalom safe? And Ahimaaz answered, When Joab sent the king's servant, and me thy servant, I saw a great tumult, but I knew not what it was.
- And the king said unto him, Turn aside, and stand here. And he turned aside, and stood still.
- Then the watchman saw another man running, and he called down to the gatekeeper, "Look, another man running alone!" The king said, "He must be bringing good news, too."
- The watchman said, "It seems to me that the first one runs like Ahimaaz son of Zadok." "He's a good man," the king said. "He comes with good news."
- Then Ahimaaz called out to the king, "All is well!" He bowed down before the king with his face to the ground and said, "Praise be to the LORD your God! He has delivered up the men who lifted their hands against my lord the king."
- The king asked, "Is the young man Absalom safe?" Ahimaaz answered, "I saw great confusion just as Joab was about to send the king's servant and me, your servant, but I don't know what it was."
- The king said, "Stand aside and wait here." So he stepped aside and stood there.