- 아들 둘이 있더니 저희가 들에서 싸우나 말려 줄 사람이 아무도 없으므로 저가 이를 쳐 죽인지라
- 온 族屬(족속)이 일어나서 王(왕)의 계집종 나를 逼迫(핍박)하여 말하기를 그 同生(동생)을 죽인 者(자)를 내어 놓으라 우리가 그 同生(동생) 죽인 罪(죄)를 갚아 저를 죽여 ㅕ嗣子(사자) 될것까지 끊겠노라 하오니 그러한즉 저희가 내게 남아 있는 숯불을 꺼서 내 男便(남편)의 이름과 ㅗ씨를 世上(세상)에 끼쳐두지 아니하겠나이다
- 王(왕)이 女人(녀인)에게 이르되 네 집으로 가라 내가 너를 爲(위)하여 命令(명령)을 내리리라
- 드고아 女人(녀인)이 王(왕)께 告(고)하되 내 主(주), 王(왕)이여 ㅛ그 罪(죄)는 나와 내 아비의 집으로 돌릴 것이니 王(왕)과 王位(왕위)는 허물이 없으리이다
- 王(왕)이 가로되 누구든지 네게 말하는 者(자)를 내게로 데려 오라 저가 다시는 너를 건드리지도 못하리라
ㅕ마21:38 막12:7 눅20:14 ㅗ창45:7
- And thy handmaid had two sons, and they two strove together in the field, and there was none to part them, but the one smote the other, and slew him.
- And, behold, the whole family is risen against thine handmaid, and they said, Deliver him that smote his brother, that we may kill him, for the life of his brother whom he slew; and we will destroy the heir also: and so they shall quench my coal which is left, and shall not leave to my husband neither name nor remainder upon the earth.
- And the king said unto the woman, Go to thine house, and I will give charge concerning thee.
- And the woman of Tekoah said unto the king, My lord, O king, the iniquity be on me, and on my father's house: and the king and his throne be guiltless.
- And the king said, Whosoever saith ought unto thee, bring him to me, and he shall not touch thee any more.
- I your servant had two sons. They got into a fight with each other in the field, and no one was there to separate them. One struck the other and killed him.
- Now the whole clan has risen up against your servant; they say, 'Hand over the one who struck his brother down, so that we may put him to death for the life of his brother whom he killed; then we will get rid of the heir as well.' They would put out the only burning coal I have left, leaving my husband neither name nor descendant on the face of the earth."
- The king said to the woman, "Go home, and I will issue an order in your behalf."
- But the woman from Tekoa said to him, "My lord the king, let the blame rest on me and on my father's family, and let the king and his throne be without guilt."
- The king replied, "If anyone says anything to you, bring him to me, and he will not bother you again."