- 이는 王(왕)께서 미워하는 者(자)는 사랑하시며 사랑하는 者(자)는 미워하시고 오늘 長官(장관)들과 信服(신복)들을 蔑視(멸시)하심을 나타내심이라 오늘 내가 깨달으니 萬一(만일) 압살롬이 살고 오늘 우리가 다 죽었더면 王(왕)이 마땅히 여기실 뻔하였나이다
- 이제 곧 일어나 나가서 ㅓ王(왕)의 信服(신복)들의 마음을 慰勞(위로)하여 말씀하옵소서 내가 여호와를 가리켜 盟誓(맹서)하옵나니 王(왕)이 萬一(만일) 나가지 아니하시면 오늘 밤에 한 사람도 王(왕)과 함께 머물지 아니할지라 그리하면 그 禍(화)가 王(왕)이 젊었을 때부터 至今(지금)까지 當(당)하신 모든 禍(화)보다 더욱 甚(심)하리이다
- 王(왕)이 일어나 ㅕ城門(성문)에 앉으매 或(혹)이 모든 百姓(백성)에게 告(고)하되 王(왕)이 門(문)에 앉아 계시다 하니 모든 百姓(백성)이 王(왕)의 앞으로 나아오니라 이스라엘은 이미 各其(각기) ㅗ帳幕(장막)으로 逃亡(도망)하였더라
- 이스라엘 모든 支派(지파) 百姓(백성)들이 辯論(변론)하여 가로되 ㅛ王(왕)이 우리를 怨讐(원수)의 손에서 救援(구원)하여 내셨고 또 ㅜ우리를 블레셋 사람의 손에서 救援(구원)하셨으나 ㅠ이제 압살롬을 避(피)하여 나라에서 나가셨고
- 우리가 기름을 부어 우리를 다스리게 한 압살롬은 싸움에 죽었거늘 이제 너희가 어찌하여 王(왕)을 도로 모셔 올 일에 潛潛(잠잠)하고 있느냐 하니라
ㅕ삼하18:4 삼하18:24 삼하18:33 룻4:1 ㅗ삼하18:17
ㅛ삼하8:1~14 ㅜ삼하5:20 삼하8:1 ㅠ삼하15:14
- In that thou lovest thine enemies, and hatest thy friends. For thou hast declared this day, that thou regardest neither princes nor servants: for this day I perceive, that if Absalom had lived, and all we had died this day, then it had pleased thee well.
- Now therefore arise, go forth, and speak comfortably unto thy servants: for I swear by the Lord, if thou go not forth, there will not tarry one with thee this night: and that will be worse unto thee than all the evil that befell thee from thy youth until now.
- Then the king arose, and sat in the gate. And they told unto all the people, saying, Behold, the king doth sit in the gate. And all the people came before the king: for Israel had fled every man to his tent.
- And all the people were at strife throughout all the tribes of Israel, saying, The king saved us out of the hand of our enemies, and he delivered us out of the hand of the Philistines; and now he is fled out of the land for Absalom.
- And Absalom, whom we anointed over us, is dead in battle. Now therefore why speak ye not a word of bringing the king back?
- You love those who hate you and hate those who love you. You have made it clear today that the commanders and their men mean nothing to you. I see that you would be pleased if Absalom were alive today and all of us were dead.
- Now go out and encourage your men. I swear by the LORD that if you don't go out, not a man will be left with you by nightfall. This will be worse for you than all the calamities that have come upon you from your youth till now."
- So the king got up and took his seat in the gateway. When the men were told, "The king is sitting in the gateway," they all came before him. Meanwhile, the Israelites had fled to their homes.
- Throughout the tribes of Israel, the people were all arguing with each other, saying, "The king delivered us from the hand of our enemies; he is the one who rescued us from the hand of the Philistines. But now he has fled the country because of Absalom;
- and Absalom, whom we anointed to rule over us, has died in battle. So why do you say nothing about bringing the king back?"