- 아브넬이 다윗에게 告(고)하되 내가 일어나 가서 ㅎ온 이스라엘 무리를 내 主(주), 王(왕)의 앞에 모아 더불어 言約(언약)하게 하고 마음의 ㅏ願(원)하시는 대로 모든 것을 다스리시게 하리이다 이에 다윗이 아브넬을 보내매 저가 平安(평안)히 가니라
- 다윗의 信服(신복)들과 요압이 敵軍(적군)을 치고 크게 擄略(노략)한 物件(물건)을 가지고 돌아오니 아브넬은 이미 보냄을 받아 平安(평안)히 갔고 다윗과 함께 헤브론에 있지 아니한 때라
- 요압과 그 함께 한 모든 軍士(군사)가 돌아오매 或(혹)이 요압에게 告(고)하여 가로되 넬의 아들 아브넬이 王(왕)에게 왔더니 王(왕)이 보내매 저가 平安(평안)히 갔나이다
- 요압이 王(왕)에게 나아가 가로되 어찌 하심이니이까 아브넬이 王(왕)에게 나아왔거늘 어찌하여 저를 보내어 잘 가게 하셨나이까
- 王(왕)도 아시려니와 넬의 아들 아브넬의 온 것은 王(왕)을 속임이라 ㅑ王(왕)의 出入(출입)하는 것을 알고 모든 하시는 것을 알려 함이니이다 하고
- And Abner said unto David, I will arise and go, and will gather all Israel unto my lord the king, that they may make a league with thee, and that thou mayest reign over all that thine heart desireth. And David sent Abner away; and he went in peace.
- And, behold, the servants of David and Joab came from pursuing a troop, and brought in a great spoil with them: but Abner was not with David in Hebron; for he had sent him away, and he was gone in peace.
- When Joab and all the host that was with him were come, they told Joab, saying, Abner the son of Ner came to the king, and he hath sent him away, and he is gone in peace.
- Then Joab came to the king, and said, What hast thou done? behold, Abner came unto thee; why is it that thou hast sent him away, and he is quite gone?
- Thou knowest Abner the son of Ner, that he came to deceive thee, and to know thy going out and thy coming in, and to know all that thou doest.
- Then Abner said to David, "Let me go at once and assemble all Israel for my lord the king, so that they may make a compact with you, and that you may rule over all that your heart desires." So David sent Abner away, and he went in peace.
- Just then David's men and Joab returned from a raid and brought with them a great deal of plunder. But Abner was no longer with David in Hebron, because David had sent him away, and he had gone in peace.
- When Joab and all the soldiers with him arrived, he was told that Abner son of Ner had come to the king and that the king had sent him away and that he had gone in peace.
- So Joab went to the king and said, "What have you done? Look, Abner came to you. Why did you let him go? Now he is gone!
- You know Abner son of Ner; he came to deceive you and observe your movements and find out everything you are doing."