- 베냐민 支派(지파)에 ㅍ기스라 이름하는 有力(유력)한 사람이 있으니 그는 아비엘의 아들이요 스롤의 孫子(손자)요 베고랏의 曾孫(증손)이요 아비아의 玄孫(현손)이라 베냐민 사람이더라
- 기스가 아들이 있으니 그 이름은 사울이요 ㅎ俊秀(준수)한 少年(소년)이라 이스라엘 子孫(자손) 中(중)에 그보다 더 俊秀(준수)한 者(자)가 없고 ㅏ키는 모든 百姓(백성)보다 어깨 위는 더하더라
- 사울의 아비 기스가 암나귀들을 잃고 그 아들 사울에게 이르되 너는 한 使喚(사환)을 데리고 일어나 가서 암나귀들을 찾으라 하매
- 그가 ㅑ에브라임 山地(산지)와 ㅓ살리사 땅으로 두루 다니되 찾지 못하고 사알림 땅으로 두루 다니되 없고 베냐민 사람의 땅으로 두루 다니되 찾지 못하니라
- 그들이 숩 땅에 이른 때에 사울이 함께 하는 使喚(사환)에게 이르되 돌아가자 ㅕ내 父親(부친)이 암나귀 생각은 姑捨(고사)하고 우리를 爲(위)하여 걱정하실까 두려워하노라
ㅍ삼상14:51 대상8:33 대상9:39
- Now there was a man of Benjamin, whose name was Kish, the son of Abiel, the son of Zeror, the son of Bechorath, the son of Aphiah, a Benjamite, a mighty man of power.
- And he had a son, whose name was Saul, a choice young man, and a goodly: and there was not among the children of Israel a goodlier person than he: from his shoulders and upward he was higher than any of the people.
- And the asses of Kish Saul's father were lost. And Kish said to Saul his son, Take now one of the servants with thee, and arise, go seek the asses.
- And he passed through mount Ephraim, and passed through the land of Shalisha, but they found them not: then they passed through the land of Shalim, and there they were not: and he passed through the land of the Benjamites, but they found them not.
- And when they were come to the land of Zuph, Saul said to his servant that was with him, Come, and let us return; lest my father leave caring for the asses, and take thought for us.
- There was a Benjamite, a man of standing, whose name was Kish son of Abiel, the son of Zeror, the son of Becorath, the son of Aphiah of Benjamin.
- He had a son named Saul, an impressive young man without equal among the Israelites--a head taller than any of the others.
- Now the donkeys belonging to Saul's father Kish were lost, and Kish said to his son Saul, "Take one of the servants with you and go and look for the donkeys."
- So he passed through the hill country of Ephraim and through the area around Shalisha, but they did not find them. They went on into the district of Shaalim, but the donkeys were not there. Then he passed through the territory of Benjamin, but they did not find them.
- When they reached the district of Zuph, Saul said to the servant who was with him, "Come, let's go back, or my father will stop thinking about the donkeys and start worrying about us."