- ㅐ블레셋 다섯 方伯(방백)이 이것을 보고 그 날에 에그론으로 돌아갔더라
- 블레셋 사람이 여호와께 ㄱ贖愆祭(속건제)로 드린 金毒種(금독종)은 이러하니 아스돗을 爲(위)하여 하나요, 가사를 爲(위)하여 하나요, 아스글론을 爲(위)하여 하나요, 가드를 爲(위)하여 하나요, 에그론을 爲(위)하여 하나이며,
- 드린 바 金(금)쥐는 ㄴ여호와의 櫃(궤)를 놓은 큰 돌에 이르기까지의 모든 堅固(견고)한 ㄷ城邑(성읍)과 시골 洞里(동리) 곧 다섯 方伯(방백)에게 屬(속)한 사람의 모든 城邑(성읍)의 數爻(수효)대로였더라 그 돌은 벧세메스 사람 여호수아의 밭에 오늘까지 있더라
- ㄹ벧세메스 사람들이 여호와의 櫃(궤)를 들여다 본 故(고)로 그들을 치사 五萬(오만) 七十人(칠십인)을 죽이신지라 여호와께서 百姓(백성)을 쳐서 크게 殺戮(살륙)하셨으므로 百姓(백성)이 哀哭(애곡)하였더라
- 벧세메스 사람들이 가로되 ㅁ이 거룩하신 하나님 여호와 앞에 누가 能(능)히 서리요 그를 우리에게서 뉘게로 가시게 할꼬 하고
ㄹ출19:21 민4:15 민4:20 삼하6:7
- And when the five lords of the Philistines had seen it, they returned to Ekron the same day.
- And these are the golden emerods which the Philistines returned for a trespass offering unto the Lord; for Ashdod one, for Gaza one, for Askelon one, for Gath one, for Ekron one;
- And the golden mice, according to the number of all the cities of the Philistines belonging to the five lords, both of fenced cities, and of country villages, even unto the great stone of Abel, whereon they set down the ark of the Lord: which stone remaineth unto this day in the field of Joshua, the Bethshemite.
- And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.
- And the men of Bethshemesh said, Who is able to stand before this holy Lord God? and to whom shall he go up from us?
- The five rulers of the Philistines saw all this and then returned that same day to Ekron.
- These are the gold tumors the Philistines sent as a guilt offering to the LORD--one each for Ashdod, Gaza, Ashkelon, Gath and Ekron.
- And the number of the gold rats was according to the number of Philistine towns belonging to the five rulers--the fortified towns with their country villages. The large rock, on which they set the ark of the LORD, is a witness to this day in the field of Joshua of Beth Shemesh.
- But God struck down some of the men of Beth Shemesh, putting seventy of them to death because they had looked into the ark of the LORD. The people mourned because of the heavy blow the LORD had dealt them,
- and the men of Beth Shemesh asked, "Who can stand in the presence of the LORD, this holy God? To whom will the ark go up from here?"