- ㅕ블레셋 사람들은 그 모든 軍隊(군대)를 ㅗ아벡에 모았고 이스라엘 사람들은 ㅛ이스르엘에 있는 ㅜ샘 곁에 陣(진)쳤더라
- ㅠ블레셋 사람의 長官(장관)들은 數百(수백)씩 數千(수천)씩 領率(영솔)하여 나아가고 다윗과 그의 사람들은 으아기스와 함께 그 뒤에서 나아가더니
- 블레셋 사람의 方伯(방백)들이 가로되 이 히브리 사람들이 무엇을 하려느냐 아기스가 블레셋 사람의 方伯(방백)들에게 이르되 이는 이스라엘 王(왕) 사울의 臣下(신하) 다윗이 아니냐 그가 나와 함께 있은지 이여러 날 여러 해로되 그가 亡命(망명)하여 온 날부터 오늘까지 내가 ㅐ그의 허물을 보지 못하였노라
- 블레셋 사람의 方伯(방백)들이 그에게 怒(노)한지라 블레셋 方伯(방백)들이 그에게 이르되 이 사람을 돌려보내어 王(왕)이 ㄱ그에게 定(정)하신 그 處所(처소)로 가게 하소서 그는 우리와 함께 싸움에 내려가지 못하리니 ㄴ그가 戰場(전장)에서 우리의 對敵(대적)이 될까 하나이다 그가 무엇으로 그 主(주)와 다시 和合(화합)하리이까 이 사람들의 머리로 하지 아니하겠나이까
- 그들이 춤추며 唱和(창화)하여 가로되 ㄷ사울의 죽인 者(자)는 千千(천천)이요 다윗은 萬萬(만만)이로다 하던 이 다윗이 아니니이까
ㅕ삼상28:1 ㅗ삼상4:1 수12:18 ㅛ수17:16 ㅜ삿7:1
ㄱ삼상27:6 삼상30:1 ㄴ삼상14:21
- Now the Philistines gathered together all their armies to Aphek: and the Israelites pitched by a fountain which is in Jezreel.
- And the lords of the Philistines passed on by hundreds, and by thousands: but David and his men passed on in the rereward with Achish.
- Then said the princes of the Philistines, What do these Hebrews here? And Achish said unto the princes of the Philistines, Is not this David, the servant of Saul the king of Israel, which hath been with me these days, or these years, and I have found no fault in him since he fell unto me unto this day?
- And the princes of the Philistines were wroth with him; and the princes of the Philistines said unto him, Make this fellow return, that he may go again to his place which thou hast appointed him, and let him not go down with us to battle, lest in the battle he be an adversary to us: for wherewith should he reconcile himself unto his master? should it not be with the heads of these men?
- Is not this David, of whom they sang one to another in dances, saying, Saul slew his thousands, and David his ten thousands?
- The Philistines gathered all their forces at Aphek, and Israel camped by the spring in Jezreel.
- As the Philistine rulers marched with their units of hundreds and thousands, David and his men were marching at the rear with Achish.
- The commanders of the Philistines asked, "What about these Hebrews?" Achish replied, "Is this not David, who was an officer of Saul king of Israel? He has already been with me for over a year, and from the day he left Saul until now, I have found no fault in him."
- But the Philistine commanders were angry with him and said, "Send the man back, that he may return to the place you assigned him. He must not go with us into battle, or he will turn against us during the fighting. How better could he regain his master's favor than by taking the heads of our own men?
- Isn't this the David they sang about in their dances: "'Saul has slain his thousands, and David his tens of thousands'?"