- 自己(자기) 사람들에게 이르되 내가 손을 들어 ㅍ여호와의 기름 부음을 받은 내 主(주)를 치는 것은 여호와의 禁(금)하시는 것이니 그는 ㅎ여호와의 기름 부음을 받은 者(자)가 됨이니라 하고
- 다윗이 이 말로 自己(자기) 사람들을 禁(금)하여 ㅏ사울을 害(해)하지 못하게 하니라 사울이 일어나 窟(굴)에서 나가 自己(자기) 길을 가니라
- 그 後(후)에 다윗도 일어나 굴에서 나가 사울의 뒤에서 외쳐 가로되 내 主(주), 王(왕)이여 하매 사울이 돌아보는지라 다윗이 땅에 엎드려 절하고
- 사울에게 이르되 다윗이 王(왕)을 害(해)하려 한다고 하는 사람들의 말을 王(왕)은 어찌하여 들으시나이까
- 오늘 여호와께서 窟(굴)에서 王(왕)을 내 손에 붙이신 것을 王(왕)이 아셨을 것이니이다 ㅑ或(혹)이 나를 勸(권)하여 王(왕)을 죽이라 하였으나 내가 王(왕)을 아껴 말하기를 나는 내 손을 들어 내 主(주)를 害(해)치 아니하리니 그는 여호와의 기름 부음을 받은 者(자)가 됨이니라 하였나이다
- And he said unto his men, The Lord forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the Lord's anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the Lord.
- So David stayed his servants with these words, and suffered them not to rise against Saul. But Saul rose up out of the cave, and went on his way.
- David also arose afterward, and went out of the cave, and cried after Saul, saying, My lord the king. And when Saul looked behind him, David stooped with his face to the earth, and bowed himself.
- And David said to Saul, Wherefore hearest thou men's words, saying, Behold, David seeketh thy hurt?
- Behold, this day thine eyes have seen how that the Lord had delivered thee to day into mine hand in the cave: and some bade me kill thee: but mine eye spared thee; and I said, I will not put forth mine hand against my lord; for he is the Lord's anointed.
- He said to his men, "The LORD forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the LORD'S anointed, or lift my hand against him; for he is the anointed of the LORD."
- With these words David rebuked his men and did not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the cave and went his way.
- Then David went out of the cave and called out to Saul, "My lord the king!" When Saul looked behind him, David bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.
- He said to Saul, "Why do you listen when men say, 'David is bent on harming you'?
- This day you have seen with your own eyes how the LORD delivered you into my hands in the cave. Some urged me to kill you, but I spared you; I said, 'I will not lift my hand against my master, because he is the LORD'S anointed.'