- 저가 가지러 갈 때에 엘리야가 저를 불러 가로되 請(청)컨대 네 손에 떡 한 조각을 내게로 가져오라
- 저가 가로되 當身(당신)의 하나님 여호와의 사심을 가리켜 盟誓(맹서)하노니 나는 떡이 없고 다만 桶(통)에 가루 한움큼과 甁(병)에 기름 조금 뿐이라 내가 나무가지 두엇을 주워다가 나와 내 아들을 爲(위)하여 飮食(음식)을 만들어 먹고 그 後(후)에는 죽으리라
- 엘리야가 저에게 이르되 두려워 말고 가서 네 말대로 하려니와 먼저 그것으로 나를 爲(위)하여 작은 떡 하나를 만들어 내게로 가져 오고 그 後(후)에 너와 네 아들을 爲(위)하여 만들라
- 이스라엘 하나님 여호와의 말씀이 나 여호와가 비를 地面(지면)에 내리는 날까지 그 桶(통)의 가루는 다하지 아니하고 그 甁(병)의 기름은 없어지지 아니하리라 하셨느니라
- 저가 가서 엘리야의 말대로 하였더니 저와 엘리야와 食口(식구)가 여러날 먹었으나
- And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.
- And she said, As the Lord thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
- And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
- For thus saith the Lord God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the Lord sendeth rain upon the earth.
- And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.
- As she was going to get it, he called, "And bring me, please, a piece of bread."
- "As surely as the LORD your God lives," she replied, "I don't have any bread--only a handful of flour in a jar and a little oil in a jug. I am gathering a few sticks to take home and make a meal for myself and my son, that we may eat it--and die."
- Elijah said to her, "Don't be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small cake of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son.
- For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD gives rain on the land.'"
- She went away and did as Elijah had told her. So there was food every day for Elijah and for the woman and her family.