- ㅌ에브라임 사람들이 모여 北(북)으로 가서 입다에게 이르되 네가 암몬 子孫(자손)과 싸우러 건너 갈 때에 어찌하여 우리를 불러 너와 함께 가게 하지 아니하였느냐 우리가 반드시 불로 너와 네 집을 사르리라
- 입다가 그들에게 이르되 나와 나의 百姓(백성)이 암몬 子孫(자손)과 크게 다툴 때에 내가 너희를 부르되 너희가 나를 그들의 손에서 救援(구원)하지 아니하므로
- 내가 너희의 救援(구원)치 아니하는 것을 보고 ㅍ내 生命(생명)을 돌아보지 아니하고 건너가서 암몬 子孫(자손)을 쳤더니 여호와께서 그들을 내 손에 붙이셨거늘 너희가 어찌하여 오늘날 내게 올라와서 나로 더불어 싸우고자 하느냐 하고
- 입다가 길르앗 사람을 다 모으고 에브라임과 싸웠더니 길르앗 사람들이 에브라임을 쳐서 破(파)하였으니 이는 에브라임의 말이 ㅎ너희 길르앗 사람은 本來(본래) 에브라임에서 逃亡(도망)한 者(자)로서 에브라임과 므낫세 中(중)에 있다 하였음이라
- 길르앗 사람이 에브라임 사람 앞서 ㅏ요단 나루턱을 잡아 지키고 에브라임 사람의 逃亡(도망)하는 者(자)가 말하기를 請(청)컨대 나로 건너게 하라 하면 그에게 묻기를 네가 에브라임 사람이냐 하여 그가 萬一(만일) 아니라 하면
ㅍ삼상19:5 삼상28:21 욥13:14 시119:109
- And the men of Ephraim gathered themselves together, and went northward, and said unto Jephthah, Wherefore passedst thou over to fight against the children of Ammon, and didst not call us to go with thee? we will burn thine house upon thee with fire.
- And Jephthah said unto them, I and my people were at great strife with the children of Ammon; and when I called you, ye delivered me not out of their hands.
- And when I saw that ye delivered me not, I put my life in my hands, and passed over against the children of Ammon, and the Lord delivered them into my hand: wherefore then are ye come up unto me this day, to fight against me?
- Then Jephthah gathered together all the men of Gilead, and fought with Ephraim: and the men of Gilead smote Ephraim, because they said, Ye Gileadites are fugitives of Ephraim among the Ephraimites, and among the Manassites.
- And the Gileadites took the passages of Jordan before the Ephraimites: and it was so, that when those Ephraimites which were escaped said, Let me go over; that the men of Gilead said unto him, Art thou an Ephraimite? If he said, Nay;
- The men of Ephraim called out their forces, crossed over to Zaphon and said to Jephthah, "Why did you go to fight the Ammonites without calling us to go with you? We're going to burn down your house over your head."
- Jephthah answered, "I and my people were engaged in a great struggle with the Ammonites, and although I called, you didn't save me out of their hands.
- When I saw that you wouldn't help, I took my life in my hands and crossed over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave me the victory over them. Now why have you come up today to fight me?"
- Jephthah then called together the men of Gilead and fought against Ephraim. The Gileadites struck them down because the Ephraimites had said, "You Gileadites are renegades from Ephraim and Manasseh."
- The Gileadites captured the fords of the Jordan leading to Ephraim, and whenever a survivor of Ephraim said, "Let me cross over," the men of Gilead asked him, "Are you an Ephraimite?" If he replied, "No,"