- 길르앗 야베스 모든 사람이 블레셋 사람의 사울에게 行(행)한 모든 일을 듣고
- 勇士(용사)들이 다 일어나서 사울의 屍體(시체)와 그 아들들의 屍體(시체)를 取(취)하여 야베스로 가져다가 그곳 상수리나무 아래 그 骸骨(해골)을 葬事(장사)하고 七日(칠일)을 禁食(금식)하였더라
- 사울의 죽은 것은 ㅏ여호와께 犯罪(범죄)하였음이라 저가 여호와의 말씀을 지키지 아니하고 ㅑ또 神接(신접)한 者(자)에게 가르치기를 請(청)하고
- ㅓ여호와께 묻지 아니하였으므로 여호와께서 저를 죽이시고 ㅕ그 나라를 이새의 아들 다윗에게 돌리셨더라
ㅏ삼상13:13,14 삼상15:23 ㅑ삼상28:7
ㅓ삼상28:6 ㅕ대상12:23 삼상15:28 삼하3:9,10
- And when all Jabeshgilead heard all that the Philistines had done to Saul,
- They arose, all the valiant men, and took away the body of Saul, and the bodies of his sons, and brought them to Jabesh, and buried their bones under the oak in Jabesh, and fasted seven days.
- So Saul died for his transgression which he committed against the Lord, even against the word of the Lord, which he kept not, and also for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire of it;
- And inquired not of the Lord: therefore he slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.
- When all the inhabitants of Jabesh Gilead heard of everything the Philistines had done to Saul,
- all their valiant men went and took the bodies of Saul and his sons and brought them to Jabesh. Then they buried their bones under the great tree in Jabesh, and they fasted seven days.
- Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance,
- and did not inquire of the LORD. So the LORD put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.