- 베냐민과 유다 子孫(자손) 中(중)에서 堅固(견고)한 곳에 이르러 다윗에게 나오매
- 다윗이 나가서 맞아 저희에게 일러 가로되 萬一(만일) 너희가 平和(평화)로이 와서 나를 돕고자 하면 내 마음이 너희와 聯合(련합)하려니와 萬一(만일) 너희가 나를 속여 내 對敵(대적)에게 붙이고자 하면 내 손에 不義(불의)함이 없으니 우리 列祖(열조)의 하나님이 監察(감찰)하시고 責望(책망)하시기를 願(원)하노라 하매
- 때에 ㅐ聖神(성신)이 ㄱ三十人(삼십인)의 頭目(두목) ㄴ아마새에게 感動(감동)하시니 가로되 다윗이여 우리가 當身(당신)에게 屬(속)하겠고 이새의 아들이여 우리가 當身(당신)과 함께하리니 願(원)컨대 平康(평강)하소서 當身(당신)도 ㄷ平康(평강)하고 當身(당신)을 돕는 者(자)에게도 平康(평강)이 있을지니 이는 當身(당신)의 하나님이 當身(당신)을 도우심이니이다 한지라 다윗이 드디어 接待(접대)하여 세워 軍隊(군대) 長官(장관)을 삼았더라
- 다윗이 前(전)에 블레셋 사람과 함께가서 ㄹ사울을 치려 할때에 므낫세 支派(지파)에서 두어 사람이 다윗에게 돌아왔으나 다윗 等(등)이 블레셋 사람을 돕지 못하였음은 블레셋 사람의 方伯(방백)이 서로 議論(의논)하고 보내며 이르기를 저가 그 主(주) 사울에게로 돌아가리니 ㅁ우리 머리가 危殆(위태)할까하라 함이라
- 다윗이 시글락으로 갈 때에 므낫세 支派(지파)에서 그에게로 돌아온 者(자)는 아드나와 요사밧과 여디아엘과 미가엘과 요사밧과 엘리후와 실르대니 다 므낫세의 千夫長(천부장)이라
ㅐ삿3:10 ㄱ대상11:11 ㄴ삼하17:15 ㄷ삼상25:6
- And there came of the children of Benjamin and Judah to the hold unto David.
- And David went out to meet them, and answered and said unto them, If ye be come peaceably unto me to help me, mine heart shall be knit unto you: but if ye be come to betray me to mine enemies, seeing there is no wrong in mine hands, the God of our fathers look thereon, and rebuke it.
- Then the spirit came upon Amasai, who was chief of the captains, and he said, Thine are we, David, and on thy side, thou son of Jesse: peace, peace be unto thee, and peace be to thine helpers; for thy God helpeth thee. Then David received them, and made them captains of the band.
- And there fell some of Manasseh to David, when he came with the Philistines against Saul to battle: but they helped them not: for the lords of the Philistines upon advisement sent him away, saying, He will fall to his master Saul to the jeopardy of our heads.
- As he went to Ziklag, there fell to him of Manasseh, Adnah, and Jozabad, and Jediael, and Michael, and Jozabad, and Elihu, and Zilthai, captains of the thousands that were of Manasseh.
- Other Benjamites and some men from Judah also came to David in his stronghold.
- David went out to meet them and said to them, "If you have come to me in peace, to help me, I am ready to have you unite with me. But if you have come to betray me to my enemies when my hands are free from violence, may the God of our fathers see it and judge you."
- Then the Spirit came upon Amasai, chief of the Thirty, and he said: "We are yours, O David! We are with you, O son of Jesse! Success, success to you, and success to those who help you, for your God will help you." So David received them and made them leaders of his raiding bands.
- Some of the men of Manasseh defected to David when he went with the Philistines to fight against Saul. (He and his men did not help the Philistines because, after consultation, their rulers sent him away. They said, "It will cost us our heads if he deserts to his master Saul.")
- When David went to Ziklag, these were the men of Manasseh who defected to him: Adnah, Jozabad, Jediael, Michael, Jozabad, Elihu and Zillethai, leaders of units of a thousand in Manasseh.