- 모세가 이스라엘 子孫(자손)에게 告(고)하매 그 族長(족장)들이 各其(각기) 宗族(종족)대로 지팡이 하나씩 그에게 주었으니 그 지팡이 合(합)이 열 둘이라 그 中(중)에 아론의 지팡이가 있었더라
- 모세가 ㄷ그 지팡이들을 證據(증거)의 帳幕(장막) 안 여호와 앞에 두었더라
- 이튿날 모세가 證據(증거)의 帳幕(장막) 안에 들어가 본즉 레위집을 爲(위)하여 낸 아론의 지팡이에 움이 돋고 순이 나고 꽃이 피어서 살구 열매가 열렸더라
- 모세가 그 지팡이 全部(전부)를 여호와 앞에서 이스라엘 모든 子孫(자손)에게로 取(취)하여 내매 그들이 보고 各各(각각) 自己(자기) 지팡이를 取(취)하였더라
- 여호와께서 또 모세에게 이르시되 ㄹ아론의 지팡이는 證據櫃(증거궤) 앞으로 도로 가져다가 거기 看直(간직)하여 ㅁ悖逆(패역)한 者(자)에 對(대)한 表徵(표징)이 되게 하여 ㅂ그들로 내게 對(대)한 怨望(원망)을 그치고 죽지 않게 할지니라
ㄷ민18:2 출38:21 대하24:6 행7:44
ㄹ히9:4 ㅁ민16:38 ㅂ민17:5
- And Moses spake unto the children of Israel, and every one of their princes gave him a rod apiece, for each prince one, according to their fathers' houses, even twelve rods: and the rod of Aaron was among their rods.
- And Moses laid up the rods before the Lord in the tabernacle of witness.
- And it came to pass, that on the morrow Moses went into the tabernacle of witness; and, behold, the rod of Aaron for the house of Levi was budded, and brought forth buds, and bloomed blossoms, and yielded almonds.
- And Moses brought out all the rods from before the Lord unto all the children of Israel: and they looked, and took every man his rod.
- And the Lord said unto Moses, Bring Aaron's rod again before the testimony, to be kept for a token against the rebels; and thou shalt quite take away their murmurings from me, that they die not.
- So Moses spoke to the Israelites, and their leaders gave him twelve staffs, one for the leader of each of their ancestral tribes, and Aaron's staff was among them.
- Moses placed the staffs before the LORD in the Tent of the Testimony.
- The next day Moses entered the Tent of the Testimony and saw that Aaron's staff, which represented the house of Levi, had not only sprouted but had budded, blossomed and produced almonds.
- Then Moses brought out all the staffs from the LORD'S presence to all the Israelites. They looked at them, and each man took his own staff.
- The LORD said to Moses, "Put back Aaron's staff in front of the Testimony, to be kept as a sign to the rebellious. This will put an end to their grumbling against me, so that they will not die."