- 그 글에 이르기를 異邦(이방) 中(중)에도 所聞(소문)이 있고 가스무도 말하기를 네가 ㅋ유다 사람들로 더불어 謀叛(모반)하려 하여 城(성)을 建築(건축)한다 하나니 네가 그 말과 같이 王(왕)이 되려 하는도다
- 또 네가 先知者(선지자)를 세워 예루살렘에서 너를 들어 宣傳(선전)하기를 유다에 王(왕)이 있다 하게 하였으니 이 말이 王(왕)에게 들릴지라 그런즉 너는 이제 오라 함께 議論(의논)하자 하였기로
- 내가 보내어 저에게 이르기를 너의 말한바 이런 일은 없는 일이요 네 마음에서 지어낸 것이라 하였나니
- 이는 저희가 다 우리를 두렵게 하고자 하여 말하기를 저희 손이 疲困(피곤)하여 役事(역사)를 停止(정지)하고 이루지 못하리라 함이라 이제 내 손을 힘있게 하옵소서 하였노라
- 이 後(후)에 므헤다벨의 孫子(손자) 들라야의 아들 스마야가 ㅌ杜門不出(두문불출)하기로 내가 그 집에 가니 저가 이르기를 저희가 너를 죽이러 올 터이니 우리가 하나님의 殿(전)으로 가서 外所(외소) 안에 있고 그 門(문)을 닫자 저희가 必然(필연) 밤에 와서 너를 죽이리라 하기로
- Wherein was written, It is reported among the heathen, and Gashmu saith it, that thou and the Jews think to rebel: for which cause thou buildest the wall, that thou mayest be their king, according to these words.
- And thou hast also appointed prophets to preach of thee at Jerusalem, saying, There is a king in Judah: and now shall it be reported to the king according to these words. Come now therefore, and let us take counsel together.
- Then I sent unto him, saying, There are no such things done as thou sayest, but thou feignest them out of thine own heart.
- For they all made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it be not done. Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands.
- Afterward I came unto the house of Shemaiah the son of Delaiah the son of Mehetabeel, who was shut up; and he said, Let us meet together in the house of God, within the temple, and let us shut the doors of the temple: for they will come to slay thee; yea, in the night will they come to slay thee.
- in which was written: "It is reported among the nations--and Geshem says it is true--that you and the Jews are plotting to revolt, and therefore you are building the wall. Moreover, according to these reports you are about to become their king
- and have even appointed prophets to make this proclamation about you in Jerusalem: 'There is a king in Judah!' Now this report will get back to the king; so come, let us confer together."
- I sent him this reply: "Nothing like what you are saying is happening; you are just making it up out of your head."
- They were all trying to frighten us, thinking, "Their hands will get too weak for the work, and it will not be completed." But I prayed,"Now strengthen my hands."
- One day I went to the house of Shemaiah son of Delaiah, the son of Mehetabel, who was shut in at his home. He said, "Let us meet in the house of God, inside the temple, and let us close the temple doors, because men are coming to kill you--by night they are coming to kill you."