- 우리의 對敵(대적)은 이르기를 저희가 알지 못하고 보지 못하는 사이에 우리가 저희 中(중)에 달려 들어가서 殺戮(살륙)하여 役事(역사)를 그치게 하리라 하고
- 그 對敵(대적)의 近處(근처)에 居(거)하는 유다 사람들도 그 各處(각처)에서 와서 열番(번)이나 우리에게 告(고)하기를 너희가 우리에게로 와야 하리라 하기로
- 내가 城(성) 뒤 낮고 넓은 곳에 百姓(백성)으로 그 宗族(종족)을 따라 칼과 槍(창)과 활을 가지고 서게 하고
- 내가 돌아본 後(후)에 일어나서 貴人(귀인)들과 民長(민장)과 남은 百姓(백성)에게 告(고)하기를 ㄷ너희는 저희를 두려워 말고 ㄹ至極(지극)히 크시고 두려우신 主(주)를 記憶(기억)하고 ㅁ너희 兄弟(형제)와 子女(자녀)와 아내와 집을 爲(위)하여 싸우라 하였었느니라
- 우리의 對敵(대적)이 自己(자기)의 뜻을 우리가 알았다 함을 들으니라 ㅂ하나님이 저희의 꾀를 廢(폐)하셨으므로 우리가 다 城(성)에 돌아와서 各各(각각) 役事(역사)하였는데
ㄷ민14:9 신1:29 ㄹ신7:21 신10:17 ㅁ삼하10:12
- And our adversaries said, They shall not know, neither see, till we come in the midst among them, and slay them, and cause the work to cease.
- And it came to pass, that when the Jews which dwelt by them came, they said unto us ten times, From all places whence ye shall return unto us they will be upon you.
- Therefore set I in the lower places behind the wall, and on the higher places, I even set the people after their families with their swords, their spears, and their bows.
- And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses.
- And it came to pass, when our enemies heard that it was known unto us, and God had brought their counsel to nought, that we returned all of us to the wall, every one unto his work.
- Also our enemies said, "Before they know it or see us, we will be right there among them and will kill them and put an end to the work."
- Then the Jews who lived near them came and told us ten times over, "Wherever you turn, they will attack us."
- Therefore I stationed some of the people behind the lowest points of the wall at the exposed places, posting them by families, with their swords, spears and bows.
- After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes."
- When our enemies heard that we were aware of their plot and that God had frustrated it, we all returned to the wall, each to his own work.