- 方伯(방백)들은 내가 어디 갔었으며 무엇을 하였는지 알지 못하였고 나도 그 일을 유다 사람들에게나 祭司長(제사장)들에게나 貴人(귀인)들에게나 方伯(방백)들에게나 그 外(외)에 일하는 者(자)들에게 告(고)하지 아니하다가
- 後(후)에 저희에게 이르기를 우리의 當(당)한 困境(곤경)은 너희도 目覩(목도)하는바라 ㅜ예루살렘이 荒蕪(황무)하고 城門(성문)이 燒火(소화)되었으니 자, 예루살렘 城(성)을 重建(중건)하여 다시 ㅠ羞恥(수치)를 받지 말자 하고
- 또 저희에게 으하나님의 善(선)한 손이 나를 도우신 일과 王(왕)이 내게 이른 말씀을 告(고)하였더니 저희의 말이 일어나 建築(건축)하자 하고 모두 힘을 내어 이이 善(선)한 일을 하려 하매
- 호론 사람 산발랏과, 종이 되었던 암몬 사람 도비야와, 아라비아 사람 ㅐ게셈이 이 말을 듣고 ㄱ우리를 업신여기고 비웃어 가로되 너희의 하는 일이 무엇이냐 ㄴ王(왕)을 背叛(배반)코자 하느냐 하기로
- 내가 對答(대답)하여 가로되 ㄷ하늘의 하나님이 우리로 亨通(형통)케 하시리니 그의 종 우리가 일어나 建築(건축)하려니와 오직 너희는 예루살렘에서 아무 基業(기업)도 없고 權利(권리)도 없고 名錄(명록)도 없다 하였느니라
ㅜ느2:3 느2:13 느1:3 ㅠ느1:3 시44:13 시79:4 렘24:9 겔5:14,15 겔22:4
ㅐ느6:6 ㄱ느4:1 시44:13 ㄴ느6:6
- And the rulers knew not whither I went, or what I did; neither had I as yet told it to the Jews, nor to the priests, nor to the nobles, nor to the rulers, nor to the rest that did the work.
- Then said I unto them, Ye see the distress that we are in, how Jerusalem lieth waste, and the gates thereof are burned with fire: come, and let us build up the wall of Jerusalem, that we be no more a reproach.
- Then I told them of the hand of my God which was good upon me; as also the king's words that he had spoken unto me. And they said, Let us rise up and build. So they strengthened their hands for this good work.
- But when Sanballat the Horonite, and Tobiah the servant, the Ammonite, and Geshem the Arabian, heard it, they laughed us to scorn, and despised us, and said, What is this thing that ye do? will ye rebel against the king?
- Then answered I them, and said unto them, The God of heaven, he will prosper us; therefore we his servants will arise and build: but ye have no portion, nor right, nor memorial, in Jerusalem.
- The officials did not know where I had gone or what I was doing, because as yet I had said nothing to the Jews or the priests or nobles or officials or any others who would be doing the work.
- Then I said to them, "You see the trouble we are in: Jerusalem lies in ruins, and its gates have been burned with fire. Come, let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, and we will no longer be in disgrace."
- I also told them about the gracious hand of my God upon me and what the king had said to me. They replied, "Let us start rebuilding." So they began this good work.
- But when Sanballat the Horonite, Tobiah the Ammonite official and Geshem the Arab heard about it, they mocked and ridiculed us. "What is this you are doing?" they asked. "Are you rebelling against the king?"
- I answered them by saying, "The God of heaven will give us success. We his servants will start rebuilding, but as for you, you have no share in Jerusalem or any claim or historic right to it."