- 우리가 말하기를 우리가 이제 한 壇(단) 쌓기를 豫備(예비)하자 하였노니 이는 燔祭(번제)를 爲(위)함도 아니요 다른 祭祀(제사)를 爲(위)함도 아니라
- 우리가 여호와 앞에서 우리 燔祭(번제)와 우리 다른 祭祀(제사)와 우리 和睦祭(화목제)로 이섬기는 것을 우리와 너희 사이와 우리의 後代(후대) 사이에 ㅐ證據(증거)가 되게 할 뿐으로서 너희 子孫(자손)으로 後日(후일)에 우리 子孫(자손)에게 이르기를 너희는 여호와께 分誼(분의)가 없다 못하게 하려 함이로라
- 우리가 말하였거니와 萬一(만일) 그들이 後日(후일)에 우리에게나 우리 後代(후대)에게 이같이 말하면 우리가 말하기를 우리 列祖(열조)가 지은 여호와의 壇(단) 模型(모형)을 보라 이는 燔祭(번제)를 爲(위)한 것도 아니요 다른 祭祀(제사)를 爲(위)한 것도 아니라 오직 우리와 너희 사이에 證據(증거)만 되게 할뿐이라
- 우리가 燔祭(번제)나 素祭(소제)나 다른 祭祀(제사)를 爲(위)하여 우리 하나님 여호와의 聖幕(성막) 앞에 있는 壇(단) 外(외)에 壇(단)을 쌓음으로 ㄱ여호와께 悖逆(패역)하고 오늘날 여호와를 좇음에서 떠나려 함은 決斷(결단)코 아니니라 하리라
- 祭司長(제사장) ㄴ비느하스와 그와 함께한 會衆(회중)의 方伯(방백) 곧 이스라엘 千萬人(천만인)의 頭領(두령)들이 르우벤 子孫(자손)과 갓 子孫(자손)과 므낫세 子孫(자손)의 말을 듣고 ㄷ좋게 여긴지라
이신12:5,6 신12:17,18 ㅐ수22:34 수24:27 창31:48
- Therefore we said, Let us now prepare to build us an altar, not for burnt offering, nor for sacrifice:
- But that it may be a witness between us, and you, and our generations after us, that we might do the service of the Lord before him with our burnt offerings, and with our sacrifices, and with our peace offerings; that your children may not say to our children in time to come, Ye have no part in the Lord.
- Therefore said we, that it shall be, when they should so say to us or to our generations in time to come, that we may say again, Behold the pattern of the altar of the Lord, which our fathers made, not for burnt offerings, nor for sacrifices; but it is a witness between us and you.
- God forbid that we should rebel against the Lord, and turn this day from following the Lord, to build an altar for burnt offerings, for meat offerings, or for sacrifices, beside the altar of the Lord our God that is before his tabernacle.
- And when Phinehas the priest, and the princes of the congregation and heads of the thousands of Israel which were with him, heard the words that the children of Reuben and the children of Gad and the children of Manasseh spake, it pleased them.
- "That is why we said, 'Let us get ready and build an altar--but not for burnt offerings or sacrifices.'
- On the contrary, it is to be a witness between us and you and the generations that follow, that we will worship the LORD at his sanctuary with our burnt offerings, sacrifices and fellowship offerings. Then in the future your descendants will not be able to say to ours, 'You have no share in the LORD.'
- "And we said, 'If they ever say this to us, or to our descendants, we will answer: Look at the replica of the LORD'S altar, which our fathers built, not for burnt offerings and sacrifices, but as a witness between us and you.'
- "Far be it from us to rebel against the LORD and turn away from him today by building an altar for burnt offerings, grain offerings and sacrifices, other than the altar of the LORD our God that stands before his tabernacle."
- When Phinehas the priest and the leaders of the community--the heads of the clans of the Israelites--heard what Reuben, Gad and Manasseh had to say, they were pleased.