- 요나가 甚(심)히 싫어하고 ㄹ怒(노)하여
- 여호와께 祈禱(기도)하여 가로되 여호와여 내가 故國(고국)에 있을 때에 이러하겠다고 말씀하지 아니하였나이까 ㅁ그러므로 내가 빨리 다시스로 逃亡(도망)하였사오니 ㅂ主(주)께서는 恩惠(은혜)로우시며, 慈悲(자비)로우시며, 怒(노)하기를 더디하시며, 仁愛(인애)가 크시사 뜻을 돌이켜 災殃(재앙)을 내리지 아니하시는 하나님이신 줄을 내가 알았음이니이다
- ㅅ여호와여 願(원)컨대 이제 내 生命(생명)을 取(취)하소서 ㅇ사는 것보다 죽는 것이 내게 나음이니이다
- 여호와께서 이르시되 ㅈ너의 성냄이 어찌 合當(합당)하냐 하시니라
- 요나가 城(성)에서 나가서 그 城(성) 東便(동편)에 앉되 거기서 ㅊ自己(자기)를 爲(위)하여 草幕(초막)을 짓고 그 그늘 아래 앉아서 城邑(성읍)이 어떻게 되는 것을 보려하니라
- But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was very angry.
- And he prayed unto the Lord, and said, I pray thee, O Lord, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.
- Therefore now, O Lord, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live.
- Then said the Lord, Doest thou well to be angry?
- So Jonah went out of the city, and sat on the east side of the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in the shadow, till he might see what would become of the city.
- But Jonah was greatly displeased and became angry.
- He prayed to the LORD, "O LORD, is this not what I said when I was still at home? That is why I was so quick to flee to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.
- Now, O LORD, take away my life, for it is better for me to die than to live."
- But the LORD replied, "Have you any right to be angry?"
- Jonah went out and sat down at a place east of the city. There he made himself a shelter, sat in its shade and waited to see what would happen to the city.