- ㅍ여룹바알이라 하는 기드온과 그를 좇은 모든 百姓(백성)이 일찌기 일어나서 ㅎ하롯 샘 곁에 陣(진)쳤고 미디안의 陣(진)은 그들의 北便(북편)이요 ㅏ모레山(산) 앞 골짜기에 있었더라
- 여호와께서 기드온에게 이르시되 너를 좇은 百姓(백성)이 너무 많은즉 내가 그들의 손에 미디안 사람을 붙이지 아니하리니 이는 ㅑ이스라엘이 나를 거스려 自矜(자긍)하기를 내 손이 나를 救援(구원)하였다 할까 함이니라
- 이제 너는 百姓(백성)의 귀에 告(고)하여 이르기를 ㅓ누구든지 두려워서 떠는 者(자)여든 길르앗山(산)에서 떠나 돌아가라 하라 하시니 이에 돌아간 百姓(백성)이 二萬(이만) 二千名(이천명)이요 남은 者(자)가 一萬名(일만명)이었더라
- 여호와께서 또 기드온에게 이르시되 百姓(백성)이 아직도 많으니 그들을 引導(인도)하여 물가로 내려가라 거기서 내가 너를 爲(위)하여 그들을 試驗(시험)하리라 무릇 내가 누구를 가리켜 이르기를 이가 너와 함께 가리라 하면 그는 너와 함께 갈 것이요 내가 누구를 가리켜 이르기를 이는 너와 함께 가지 말 것이니라 하면 그는 가지 말것이니라
- 이에 百姓(백성)을 引導(인도)하여 물가에 내려가매 여호와께서 기드온에게 이르시되 무릇 개의 핥는 것같이 그 혀로 물을 핥는 者(자)는 너는 따로 세우고 또 무릇 무릎을 꿇고 마시는 者(자)도 그같이 하라 하시더니
ㅍ삿6:32 ㅎ삼상29:1 ㅏ창12:6 신11:30
- Then Jerubbaal, who is Gideon, and all the people that were with him, rose up early, and pitched beside the well of Harod: so that the host of the Midianites were on the north side of them, by the hill of Moreh, in the valley.
- And the Lord said unto Gideon, The people that are with thee are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, Mine own hand hath saved me.
- Now therefore go to, proclaim in the ears of the people, saying, Whosoever is fearful and afraid, let him return and depart early from mount Gilead. And there returned of the people twenty and two thousand; and there remained ten thousand.
- And the Lord said unto Gideon, The people are yet too many; bring them down unto the water, and I will try them for thee there: and it shall be, that of whom I say unto thee, This shall go with thee, the same shall go with thee; and of whomsoever I say unto thee, This shall not go with thee, the same shall not go.
- So he brought down the people unto the water: and the Lord said unto Gideon, Every one that lappeth of the water with his tongue, as a dog lappeth, him shalt thou set by himself; likewise every one that boweth down upon his knees to drink.
- Early in the morning, Jerub-Baal (that is, Gideon) and all his men camped at the spring of Harod. The camp of Midian was north of them in the valley near the hill of Moreh.
- The LORD said to Gideon, "You have too many men for me to deliver Midian into their hands. In order that Israel may not boast against me that her own strength has saved her,
- announce now to the people, 'Anyone who trembles with fear may turn back and leave Mount Gilead.'" So twenty-two thousand men left, while ten thousand remained.
- But the LORD said to Gideon, "There are still too many men. Take them down to the water, and I will sift them for you there. If I say, 'This one shall go with you,' he shall go; but if I say, 'This one shall not go with you,' he shall not go."
- So Gideon took the men down to the water. There the LORD told him, "Separate those who lap the water with their tongues like a dog from those who kneel down to drink."