- 모르드개가 이 모든 일을 알고 ㅜ그 옷을 찢고 ㅠ굵은 베를 입으며 재를 무릅쓰고 城中(성중)에 나가서 大聲(대성) 痛哭(통곡)하며
- 大闕(대궐) 門(문) 앞까지 이르렀으니 굵은 베를 입은 者(자)는 大闕(대궐) 門(문)에 들어가지 못함이라
- 王(왕)의 詔命(조명)이 各(각) 道(도)에 이르매 유다人(인)이 크게 哀痛(애통)하여 으禁食(금식)하며 哭泣(곡읍)하며 부르짖고 굵은 베를 입고 이재에 누운 者(자)가 無數(무수)하더라
- 에스더의 侍女(시녀)와 內侍(내시)가 나아와 告(고)하니 王后(왕후)가 甚(심)히 근심하여 입을 衣服(의복)을 모르드개에게 보내어 그 굵은 베를 벗기고자 하나 모르드개가 받지 아니하는지라
- 에스더가 王(왕)의 命(명)으로 自己(자기)에게 近侍(근시)하는 內侍(내시) 하닥을 불러 命(명)하여 모르드개에게 가서 이것이 무슨 일이며 무슨 緣故(연고)인가 알아 보라 하매
ㅜ수7:6 ? ㅠ삼하3:31
으에4:16 에9:31 이단9:3 사58:5
- When Mordecai perceived all that was done, Mordecai rent his clothes, and put on sackcloth with ashes, and went out into the midst of the city, and cried with a loud and a bitter cry;
- And came even before the king's gate: for none might enter into the king's gate clothed with sackcloth.
- And in every province, whithersoever the king's commandment and his decree came, there was great mourning among the Jews, and fasting, and weeping, and wailing; and many lay in sackcloth and ashes.
- So Esther's maids and her chamberlains came and told it her. Then was the queen exceedingly grieved; and she sent raiment to clothe Mordecai, and to take away his sackcloth from him: but he received it not.
- Then called Esther for Hatach, one of the king's chamberlains, whom he had appointed to attend upon her, and gave him a commandment to Mordecai, to know what it was, and why it was.
- When Mordecai learned of all that had been done, he tore his clothes, put on sackcloth and ashes, and went out into the city, wailing loudly and bitterly.
- But he went only as far as the king's gate, because no one clothed in sackcloth was allowed to enter it.
- In every province to which the edict and order of the king came, there was great mourning among the Jews, with fasting, weeping and wailing. Many lay in sackcloth and ashes.
- When Esther's maids and eunuchs came and told her about Mordecai, she was in great distress. She sent clothes for him to put on instead of his sackcloth, but he would not accept them.
- Then Esther summoned Hathach, one of the king's eunuchs assigned to attend her, and ordered him to find out what was troubling Mordecai and why.